- cover the whole “spectrum”:
regattas, distance, short-handed, one-design, novice etc.
- are open to all PHRF BC rated boats, faster than PHRF 300
(see “divisions”, below)
- are usually open to non-TCYC members.
We also offer a mentoring program, helping to train new skippers and crew and to provide a relatively painless entry into racing.
Past Tiddly Cove Yacht Club Races
TCYC Racing Divisions
- Division 1: Racers
- Division 2: Cruisers
- Fleet 38: Cal 20, one-design
We use a simple (but rather clever!) calculation to split boats between Div 1 and Div 2:
- If your PHRF Rating is less than your Performance Value (60-LOA)*5.4, where LOA = “Length OverAll” in feet, then your boat is deemed “fast for it’s size”, hence it is a “racer”, hence you are placed in Division 1.
- Conversely, if your PHRF is slower than your performance value, then your boat is not all that fast for it’s size, hence it is not a “racing” boat, hence you are in Division 2.
- Example: For a 30-footer, PV = (60-LOA)*5.4 = (60-30)*5.4 = 162. If you own a 30-footer that rates faster than PHRF 162, then you are in Division 1, otherwise you are in Division 2.
Non-TCYC boats are welcome to participate in any TCYC race, after signing our Release and Indemnity Form, to be faxed in advance (604-seven*three*three-9013) or handed to the TCYC Race Committee boat prior to the start of the race.
Anyone participating in a TCYC race who does not sign the Release and Indemnity agreement will be deemed to have accepted its conditions as if signed by participating in the race.