Club Night @ the Maritime Museum
Featuring the Racing Rules of Sailing Quiz Game
The next Tiddly Cove Yacht Club meeting is this Thursday, February 19, 2015. The meeting will be called to order at 8:00, the bar will be open by 7:00.
This month we will be discussing issues related to our club. An agenda is outlined below. You might see that the first item is to vote on sponsoring a member to attend North Sails North U Tactics seminar March 14. If the members vote in favour of the motion we will select a member (in attendance) by raffle. We intended for this to get your attention and attendance.
It has been recognized that participation in club events has been on the decline. We wish to work toward reversing this trend. Please come to the meeting Thursday to participate in creating a new plan for Tiddly Cove Yacht Club.
- Achilles will put forward a motion for club sponsoring one or two members to attend the North U Seminar March 14.
- Do we have any prospective new members? Open discussion for ideas to attract new members.
- Open discussion regarding making the website more dynamic and possibly able to take members content.
- Open discussion for event ideas i.e. speakers for our next few meetings.
- Ellen has offered to plan a club cruise, and will provide a brief outline.
- Phil will have much of the club's historical documents available for reading.
- We would like more help on the executive, especially a secretary, an English Bay Scramble chair, or website help. Really, any help will be greatly appreciated. I doesn't have to be as formal as attending the executive meetings.
- New business.
- Racing Rules of Sailing game.
Want to play the Rules Quiz at home? CLICK HERE
Come one, come all, join the fun, join a team, and play the RRS Quiz Game! This will be a great opportunity to refresh your knowledge of the Racing Rules of Sailing just in time for the busy racing season ahead and to win highly sought after Tiddly Cove swag.
Also on the agenda, the club historian will be showing off selections from the archives. This is a great opportunity to peruse the long and fascinating history of our club.
We hope to see you there!
Doors open 7:15PM, meeting begins at 8PM.
Cash bar, all welcome.
Free guest parking passes available from desk at South Entrance.
The Vancouver Maritime Museum is located at 1905 Ogden Ave Vancouver